Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Some Quotes for an April Day

Here are some fun quotes we enjoy, definitely What Women Write. About what women write, how women write, why women write. Thanks to An Uncommon Scold, compiled by Abby Adams, for the quotes. And to the ladies, of course.

It's not a bad idea to get in the habit of writing down one's thoughts. It saves one having to bother anyone with them.

--Isabel Colegate

The best time for planning a book is while you're doing the dishes.

--Agatha Christie

I've made characters live, so that people talk about them at cocktail parties, and that, to me, is what counts.

--Jacqueline Susann

My family can always tell when I'm well into a novel because the meals get very crummy.

--Anne Tyler

Once the grammar has been learned (writing) is simply talking on paper and in time learning what not to say.

--Beryl Bainbridge

Looking back, I imagine I was always writing. Twaddle it was too. But better far write twaddle, or anything, anything, than nothing at all.

--Katherine Mansfield

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...