10. People endure the painful process of getting inked with an image symbolic of your book.
|The Mockingjay from The Hunger Games.|
9. Children dress up as your book's characters for Halloween.
|Harry, Luna and Ron|
8. Reese Witherspoon plays you in a movie based on your memoir.
|Cheryl Strayed | Reese in Wild|
7. Your book goes through an insane number of printings and experiences various cover art. (My edition is the 22nd printing!)
6. A section of an amusement park is devoted to your book series.
|The Wizarding World of Harry Potter|
5. Someone pays an amazing artist to sculpt your book.
4. You get a street named after you.
serve in a cocktail glass
2 oz. white rum
1/4 oz. maraschino liqueur
juice of 1/2 lime
1 oz. grapefruit juice
Squeeze lime juice into a shaker, add remaining ingredients and shake briefly with a glassful of crushed ice. Serve in a frosted cocktail glass.
2. Your book signings draw crowds reminiscent of a rock concert--well, almost.
1. Your childhood home gets converted into a museum.
|Flannery O'Connor's childhood home, Savannah, Georgia.|
What's your benchmark for success?